A local charity is celebrating after receiving funding from the Lancashire County Council Local Member Grants scheme which means that they can continue to provide opportunities to people with learning difficulties in West Lancashire.
Timesavers have been awarded-
- County Cllr Julie Gibson (Skelmersdale West-Labour) £200
- County Cllr Cynthia Dereli (West Lancashire West-Labour) £200
- County Cllr Nikki Hennessy (Ormskirk West-Labour) £100
- County Cllr John Fillis (Skelmersdale East-Labour) £200
- County Cllr David Westley (West Lancs East-Conservative) £200
Timesavers provide work experience to local people with learning difficulties by providing an administration service for local voluntary organisations. The donation will cover the cost of sessional workers, office rental and other running expenses, meaning the charity can remain operational for the next 12 months.
Edward McCarthy, Secretary and Trustee at Timesavers said: “We are delighted with these very generous donations. People with learning difficulties can struggle to find employment but thanks to the donation, we will be able to continue providing work experience and other opportunities to residents in West Lancashire.”
For more information on the scheme visit-